Transforming a multinational bank's candidate experience
As a managed service provider, we transformed our client’s contingent hiring process and candidate experience.
The geographical locations to be supplied were known to be challenging and this was made more acute due to the stringent criteria candidates needed to meet. We had already supplied a high volume of candidates from each of the locations, so any increase to the requirement of contractors would be a challenge.
The survey results gave an excellent insight into reasons why candidates were choosing to leave their positions – we then set out to review the current end-to-end candidate journey to see where improvements could be made.
We held an interactive workshop focusing on improvement. Reviewing presentations, dashboards, process flows, stats, benchmarking, testing of understanding and camaraderie. The event was deemed a great success and gave rise to a number of initiatives to be further investigated and implemented as part of a project plan with an aim to provide continuous improvement and reduce attrition.
Our work included:-
- Creation of a dashboard to track each intake of starters, recording job role, location tenure, and exit category
- Categorisation of leavers
- Review of attraction, media and advertising
- Improvement of telephone interview scripts
- The use of chatbot technology to support the recruitment process
- Mandatory attendance at an engagement session prior to starting in the role
- Management of candidate expectations at these engagement sessions.
- 52% reduction in early churn rate
- 100% fulfilment rate with our candidates
- 33% reduction in attrition rates
The review of attraction strategies delivered refreshed adverts and new media avenues to engage quality candidates, the updated telephone screen provided candidates with additional details of the role and expectations. The mandatory attendance at an engagement session provided candidates with further insight into the role and workplace culture, allowing final stage candidates to be fully committed and enthused before entering the minimum contract.
Monitoring of new starter performance demonstrated a higher calibre of candidate engaged by the improved recruitment process, with exit data demonstrating that the number of leavers within the first 14 weeks of the training was reduced by 52%.
These results were made possible by an excellent working relationship and collaborative approach to delivering our client’s requirements. Implementing change to make new achievements possible and enhancing the candidate experience and life cycle within the business.
This excellent, open and transparent working relationship continues to this day and supports strategic development.
- Marked improvement of end-to-end candidate experience
- 100% fulfilment rate
- Improved retention and hiring manager satisfaction