Using Consultancy+ to inform the best digital transformation decisions
The Information Commissioners’ Office (ICO) was transforming the way it works as it moved from traditional on-premise infrastructure to the cloud. It needed to better understand the way its network had been configured and reimagine it to support its future needs.
It had already moved to Office 365 and Skype for Business (hosted server), and was in the process of rolling out cloud managed and updated Windows 10 devices.
This process included aiming to increase its use of the cloud, including Azure Backup and consumption and streaming video for training content and staff briefings using Microsoft Stream / Teams.
It required support in understanding the legacy configuration of its network, to make recommendations on how to configure it to best suit its needs, and then look to deliver the configuration changes and transfer the operation and management of the network into its operational service teams.
Neil Smithies, Head of Digital and IT Architecture at the ICO, said: “We understood the areas of our infrastructure that were providing a challenge for us.
"However, we didn’t have the resources to provide the necessary expertise and dedicated focus to help us understand the infrastructure and strategise improvements.”
This was in order to:
- Carry out an initial scoping workshop and provide details of infrastructure
- Produce documentation of the ICO network estate
- Provide best practice guidance for the removal of network access control (NAC) infrastructure, quality of service (QoS) settings for current and future state, network configuration, bandwidth and traffic management, and network optimisation for MS Azure Backup, MS Skype for Business Server, MS Teams, MS Stream, Windows Update and MS Intune
- Optional delivery of NAC removal, current state QoS settings, improved network configuration, bandwidth and traffic management, and service transfer of configurations and processes into operational service
Mr Smithies said: "Our designated consultants were excellent.
"They helped us understand and describe our requirements properly and then ensured the delivery consultant matched our skill requirements, and was able to hit the ground running and ask all the right questions.”
We then supported them through this process enabling us to deploy our consultant within a matter of days.
Our partnership with ICO has allowed them to address a critical project without delay and our flexible engagement models have ensured ICO are able to utilise our Architecture as a Service (AaaS) offering when the need arises for as little or as long is required.
“We would recommend the service provided by Consultancy+," added Mr Smithies.
"The team has been a pleasure to work with and have brought intelligence and enthusiasm to their work.
“They have made a great contribution to the organisation during their time here.”
- Partnered with ICO via Gcloud before introducing them to the YPO Framework as a faster route to market
- Ensured ICO is able to utilise our Architecture as a Service (AaaS) offering when the need arises for as little or as long as required