Revitalising the recruitment process for a UK financial services client
Working with a major financial client to tackle their inefficient and costly recruitment drive for customer service advisors.
By collecting feedback from external agencies and stakeholders, it was clear there were stages in the process that required a lot of work, without adding any value. All CVs had to be uploaded manually and reviewed before candidates could be booked into interview slots.
With no sight of real-time interview availability, this was costing the client valuable time and resource. We needed to strip inadequate activities out to give a more cost-effective process.
By analysing Management Information (MI), we showed that 98% of our candidates were being invited to interview. So the client wasn’t benefitting from the CV screening stage inbetween – in fact, it was only delaying workers being placed, adding to the cost of recruitment. We agreed to remove this part of the process, opening up more time for interviews.
We worked closely with the client in order to create a recruitment process that would be fast and effective. This included:
- Giving a weekly MI report on all agencies applications and submissions
- Using several agencies to recruit 78 new hires
- Introducing an Applicant Tracking System
By introducing the MI and applicant tracking system to the recruitment process, we achieved:
- 4 more interviews per day
- 73 positions filled across five intakes
- 18 positions filled within five working days
- An automated process for psychometric testing
- A consistent candidate experience
- Lower administration costs
- 98% CV to interview ratio
- 18 positions filled within 5 days
- 1,000 roles filled to date